To use the calculator
below, enter the frequency of interest
and the values of water temperature ,
salinity, depth and PH . Furthermore,
choose a spreading model by radio
button. When a
calculation button is pushed, the
values for the absorption(a) and
transmission loss (TL) are displayed on
your screen. The
calculation result was arrived at by
four following different equations.
However, you must be careful so that
ranges of validity of the parameter
of each equations are different.
(1) Equation of "Thorp", J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol.33,
(2) Eqation of "Schulkin and Marsh " , J. Acoust. Soc.
(3) Equation of "Fisher and Simmons", J. Acoust. Soc.
Am., Vol. 62, No. 3, 1977
(4) Equation of "Francois and Garrison", J. Acoust.
Soc. Am., Vol. 72, No. 6, 1982
(5) Equation of "Ainslie and McColm" , J. Acoust. Soc. Am.,
Vol. 103, No. 3, 1998